So we have some news...after 6 short weeks in Sedona, Dereck has been transferred again. He is back in Glendale, AZ. If you recall, he was in a threesome companionship with Elder Roberts and Elder Jensen when he was previously there . Elder Jensen has fulfilled his mission and flew home on Tuesday, leaving Elder Roberts without a companion. So you guessed it, Dereck is back with Elder Roberts and they cover the same area. This time, however, Dereck is serving as the District Leader. He was so excited to go back to this area. He had such a hard time leaving, as I suspect he felt like he had unfinished business there. It was interesting that in one of his letters he told us about a comment his mission president made when he told Dereck that he was being transferred to Sedona. I think he knew how that transfer made him feel, and he told Dereck that there was always a chance that he could come back to the Glendale area. Well, now he is back. Since the transfer just happened, there really is no news to tell yet, so let me give you a quick run down on the Sedona/Cottonwood weeks.
The work there was slow when he arrived and not much was going on. In his last letter from that area, he mentioned that the work had picked up a bit, but nothing too special was going on. He related a teaching experience he had when he went on a split with another elder. They went to a less active family's home in Campe Verde. Here is the excerpt from that letter, "Yesterday I was on splits with an elder from Camp Verde... and we were in Camp Verde... we went to a less active guys house. Well, he happens to be the wrestling coach over at the jr. high and his boy is a 6th grader that took state wrestling 8th graders... well they have a mat in their basement... during the lesson, I mention something about wrestling, (I normally don't really do it cuz no one really cares) but I didn't know all of this when I was teaching. After the lesson they freaked out and I got to mess areund a little bit down stairs with them. It was really fun. I miss it sometimes thats for sure..." I find it very interesting to learn how the spirit whispers to the missionaries to open doors to peoples hearts...even if it is through wrestling in the basement. I hope he will tell me the rest of the story, if there is one.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
i love elder wesche!
Sis. Wesche, I am Carolyn Cathcart, the mom of Elder Wesche's newest 18 year old comp for the next 3 weeks, as of 9pm Wed night July 22. I'd love to give you details...email me at cathcart6@cox.net your son, Elder Wesche is so awesome...we love him dearly! Im grateful my son can be trained for a short time by him. I'll fill you in as much as i know in a email. We are in the stake he serves in. Love, Carolyn Cathcart
P.S. my blog is www.cathcartfamilyofboys.blogspot.com
its very outdated, but thought I'd share. Love, your son's comp's mom Ü Carolyn Cathcart
Post a Comment