Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Well-we have finally got a little bit of information from the boy to pass along. He is still in Glendale, but has moved out of his apartment and into a past mission president's home, complete with pool tables, air hockey and a foosball table, and all kinds of forbidden fruits -- except on P-Day, but he says it is hard to walk by it everyday on his way to the kitchen.
The family of 12 with 8 of baptism age that they have been working with has now increased to 9. One child had a birthday and is now 8 years old. We pray that this family will feel the spirit and recognize the truth.
He was able to find a bike that he liked and is liking the exercise (he is his father's child). He says his area covers about a 10 square mile radius. For those who have a map, or want to google one, his area goes from 83rd to 35th and from Northern to Maryland...umm, yeah.
He was so grateful that he didn't have to go tracting the day after the Super Bowl -- I guess the people in Arizona were just not that happy with the outcome! Personally, I loved it! He was excited to tell us that he was able to shake L. Tom Perry's hand - He came and spoke to his mission about two weeks ago. (See if I would update this regularly all of this information would be in order! SORRY!)
Scott has started emailing questions about the gospel for Dereck to research and find the answers in the scriptures. It has been fun to see him grow in his knowledge. Dereck also encourages all of us to read Elder Bednar's talk on pray, I think it was in the 2008 fall conference issue. He says in his letter, "I can't tell you how much my testimony of prayer has increased in the last 4 months. Its been amazing and I love praying now!"
One final note -- he wants to wish "his boys" good luck on the State wrestling tournament that is going on on Feb 11,12,13. He even wore his wrestling shirt on P-Day this week in support of his team! I can't believe that is been a year since we were all sitting in the gym at UVU watching him. So, Go Vikings!

No comments: