Saturday, January 17, 2009

Still in "Flag"

The information we are getting from Dereck is getting somewhat scarce -- whats with that! Anyway, we do know that he survived transfer week and is staying in Flagstaff for another few weeks. He is excited. He loves it there and really didn't want to leave yet. His companion may have a different story, as he has been in Flagstaff for nine months. He says the work is great and there are cool things happening ... he leaves us hanging with that little nugget from his last email.
Just to explain the reason that there is Coldplay as the background music -- I was driving home from work, and this song came on the radio. Before Dereck left, he announced that this was his theme song, because it mentions missionaries in the chorus. It is a stretch, but I was in a "mood" so I put it on!!
Just in case anyone is wondering, effective Jan 18, 2009, Dereck will have been gone for 110 days- and no, I don't know how many hours!

No comments: