Monday, December 15, 2008

We were able to email chat with Dereck today. He is feeling better, but his companion is still pretty sick. It sounds like they spent a lot of time indoors this past week so Elder Burris can get well. Not sure of the story, but I guess his companion likes to work and didn't report his illness to the missionary mom -- big no no, and I guess they were told not to go out. Can you get grounded when you are nineteen and on a mission? The family they have been working with is still struggling a bit and the baptism has been postponed again, but they are optimistic. They are currently teaching a lady who is "golden". He said he never really understood what that meant until now. Hopefully more news is coming on that!
He said that they are expecting 15 to 24" of snow today -- huh?

Here are a few words from Dereck's email and good advice for all of us!
"This Christmas season lets all remember what the season is really all about. Lets all rejoice in Christ, talk of Christ and preach of Christ in all we do. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!!"

Only 10 more days and he gets to call home! It is funny how much we are all looking forward to a simple phone call! I do know this much, I am not leaving my house until I get it!!

No comments: